- Quickly and easily configure sonar, sensors, and other hardware with the 3D Vessel Editor. Users can specify the type and positioning of all sensors in relation to a reference position.
- Automatically calibrate sensor installation with the Patch Test Calibration utility. The utility corrects for roll, pitch, heading, position, and time offsets.
- Create Whole-survey backscatter normalization for better looking mosaics.
- Prepare to accept input from a wide range of sources including magnetometers, interferometers, sidescan sonars, sub-bottom profilers, and multibeam echo sounders.
- Quantify the total vertical uncertainty (TVU) in your bathymetry survey using CUBE modeling and see it graphically presented. Also complies with NOAA requirements for IHO S-44 compliant surveys.
Sophisticated Real-Time Capabilities
- Review and repair bathymetric navigation and attitude data. The Bathy Navigation and Attitude Editor allows users to accept or reject specific data collected in noisy environments.
- Import, view, and edit tide and sound-velocity data. The Tide and Sound Velocity Editors allow for easy integration of complex data sets for Bathy computations.
- Review and process potential anomalies in such categories as lasso/edit spikes and noise data based on visual choices. The 2D/3D Editor allows for recomputation with successive batches of unwanted data removed.
- View, combine, and export co-located, sidescan, and bathy data.
Real-time Data Acquisition
Sonar Vendors Supported:
- EdgeTech 2200, 2205, 2400, 4600, 6205
- R2Sonic 2020, 2022, 2024
- PingDSP 3DSS-DX/SX-450
- Klein 5900
Post-Processing File Compatibility
SonarWiz is compatible with the following bathy file formats:
- ALL, HSX, JSF, NWSF, R2S, RDF, S7K SXI, SXP, XTF, 7K
Extensive Post-Processing Capabilities
- Integrate bathymetry with sidescan, sub-bottom, and magnetometer data sets for complete geophysical analysis.
- Leverage AUV survey data including post-process navigation and attitude injection information.
- Visualize and polish data with semi-automatic and manual tools in the 3D Area Editor.
- Utilize efficient bathymetric editing tools.
- Export data to more than a dozen GIS, CAD, and image formats; for example the CTI 3D Viewer allows for visualization of export results from XYZ (ASCII text), Surfer Grid (.grd), and Contours (.shp, .dxf, .kml).
- Add gridded bathymetry. The new Bathy Gridder leverages a variety of interpolation methods to provide Bathy and sounding density grids. These grids appear in your project as a basemap or view in the CTI 3D viewer.
- CUBE modeling allows you to quantify the total vertical uncertainty (TVU) in your bathymetry survey, and see it graphically presented also complying with NOAA requirements for IHO S-44 compliant surveys.
- SYNC port/stbd settings, or track them independently.
View / Download SonarWiz Supported Interfaces and File Formats PDF
- Merchant Marines
- State and Local Environmental Authorities
- Energy Exploration Firms
- Educational Institutions
- Maritime History and Research Organizations
- Dredging Operators
- Telecommunications Companies
- Police Departments
- Coast Guard
- Archaeological surveys and expeditions
- Cable and pipeline surveys
- Buried object location
- Geohazard surveys
- Search and Recovery
- Marine Construction
- Coastal Restoration
- Environmental research
Customers & Partners
We are excited and honored by the range and quality of organizations that are using our products. Government agencies, top-notch universities, the largest and best commercial survey companies, and most of the world’s navies are among those that are seeing higher-quality results from their sonar mapping projects because they’re using CTI products.
Learn What Our Customers Have Created Using CTI Software
Chesapeake Technology has been offering sonar mapping software and thought-leading consulting services to the marine geophysical and geological survey industry for over 20 years. The latest version of our primary software offering, SonarWiz, provides leading-edge sonar data acquisition and processing software for sidescan, sub-bottom, swath bathymetry, and magnetometer systems. It is being used by hundreds of clients worldwide including most of the world’s navies, NOAA, USGS, Fugro, Oceaneering, and leading academic institutions.