SonarWiz Features & Benefits
Marine Survey Needs
Marine professionals conducting sophisticated sea floor mapping surveys require software that allows them to maximize results from their valuable time on water. Fortunately, there is a solution. SonarWiz provides the world’s most comprehensive system for sea floor data acquisition, post-processing, and reporting.
Customers & Partners
We are excited and honored by the range and quality of organizations that are using our products. Government agencies, top-notch universities, the largest and best commercial survey companies, and most of the world’s navies are among those that are seeing higher-quality results from their sonar mapping projects because they’re using CTI products.
Learn What Our Customers Have Created Using CTI Software
SonarWiz Feature Details
- Load background maps and charts from a range of formats including DNC, RNC, S57, and GeoTIFF.
- Generate planned survey maps and estimate survey timing.
- or conventional patterns.
- Preview files with the SNIFF feature.
- Add and fix navigation data with NavInjectorPro.
- Leverage advanced signal processing and gain control; take advantage of features such as beam angle correction, de-striping, non-linear per channel TVG, AGC, Band Pass Filtering and Stacking, Contact (target) capture, annotation, and summary reporting via 3D Viewer.
- Employ flexible layback configurations.
- Easily printable output.
- Grid/contour isopach-type shapefile / grid generation from selected variables (e.g. altitude + depth).
SonarWiz is compatible with the following Sonar Hardware:
- C-Max, Kongsberg-GeoAcoustics, EdgeTech, Imagenex, Innomar, Knudson, L-3 Communications Klein Associates, Marine Sonic, PingDSP, R2Sonic, SyQwest, Teledyne Benthos, Teledyne Gavia, Teledyne Hugin, and Teledyne Odom.
Real-Time Data Acquisition
- Leverage the SonarWiz Layout Manager to position windows and menus for maximum efficiency; save frequently used layouts.
Control viewing of incoming statistics with System Info Display; edit and save display configurations.
- Connect sensors and monitor positioning quality with GPS Quality parameter indicators.
- Use right and left survey line indicators to facilitate helmsman operations.
- Acquire sonar, navigation sensor, depth sensor, payout meter and magnetometer data simultaneously.
- Configure the comprehensive real time signal processing and gain controls including Auto Gain, Auto TVG, Manual Linear Gain and Manual TV. Gains only affect visual information, not raw data.
- Control mosaic creation in real time with Mosaic Mode; feature helps manage large surveys by displaying only data that’s been specifically requested.
- Track towfish height above seafloor automatically with Real Time Bottom Tracker.
- Capture contacts and digitize features in real time or post processing.
- Preserve the full fidelity of sonar data across multiple formats. For example SonarWiz allows for recording in industry standard XTF or vendor-specific formats such as Edgetech JSF or GeoAcostics GCF.
Chesapeake Technology has been offering sonar mapping software and thought-leading consulting services to the marine geophysical and geological survey industry for over 20 years. The latest version of our primary software offering, SonarWiz, provides leading-edge sonar data acquisition and processing software for sidescan, sub-bottom, swath bathymetry, and magnetometer systems. It is being used by hundreds of clients worldwide including most of the world’s navies, NOAA, USGS, Fugro, Oceaneering, and leading academic institutions.