Convenient Hands-On Training
We offer comprehensive training programs tailored to meet your specific needs.
We can deliver on-demand, hands-on training at your location. Or you can attend one of our pre-scheduled workshops offered up to four times a year in locations throughout the world.
Scheduled Training Courses
We schedule comprehensive hands-on training courses twice a year at locations around the world. Recently, we’ve offered courses in Seattle WA, Kobe Japan, London UK, San Diego CA and Jacksonville FL.
We also often schedule courses around major industry tradeshows when we know many of our customers are likely to be in the same place at the same time.
Our schedule training course typically lasts 3 days, and covers the topics listed below, although we adjust the content to suit the requirements of registered attendees.
Course Title: Real-time Survey Configuration Techniques
- Gain knowledge on how to quickly configure a real-time sonar survey
- Re-position your tool windows, to optimize the layout of your real-time SonarWiz5 console
- Set up project location, coordinate system, and course-smoothing to start a new project
- Understand the geodesy (coordinate-system) options
- Configure GPS navigation, heave-sensor, fathometer and magnetometer inputs
- Be the Captain! Try out the survey line planning and management tools
- See base map and map overlay tools
- Use basemap and overlay options to show your real-time mosaic in context
Course Title: Sidescan Post-Processing Techniques
- See import techniques and options for multi-channel XTF or JSF format sidescan sonar data
- Learn how to produce high-resolution ArcGIS-compatible mosaics, web sites and reports
- Try out the point, poly-line, rectangle, circle, and polygon digital feature annotation tools
- Learn about contact (target) capture, analysis and report generation (multiple languages now)
- Try out our Change Recognition (swipe) tool to compare now-then data sets looking for MLO, UXO, or other “new” targets (great for port security, SAR applications)
Course Title: Sub-bottom Post-Processing Techniques
- Import techniques for JSF or SEG-Y format sub-bottom sonar data
- Bottom-track, and view spectral content to adjust band-pass filters, on our sample sub-bottom data
- Digitize acoustic reflectors, cores and feature annotations, and save in CAD, GIS and ASCII formats
- Export your sub-bottom data in Fledermaus format to our new CTI 3DViewer
Course Title: Bathymetry Post-Processing Techniques
- Import native data – JSF, RDF, S7K, SXI, XTF and more bathymetry data
- Define vessel sensor offsets, add new sensors, set up coordinates
- Review automated bathy filtering options
- Learn to use the navigation and attitude editing tools
- Learn to use the 2D and 3D area based bathymetric editing tools
- See the Patch Test Calibration utility in action
- Save customized settings for your specific sonar and configuration for re-use on other projects
- Integrate Bathymetry with sidescan and generate 3D sidescan mosaics
Course Title: Magnetometer Post-Processing Techniques
- Magnetometer Data Recording, Importing
- Anomaly picking and interpretation
- Magnetometer Reporting
We offer custom training designed to your specific requirements and equipment, delivered at your location. This includes classroom elements as well as on-board, hands-on training at sea to ensure you have the opportunity to use our software in your specific setting and circumstances.
See the course outlines above as a starting point for what we can deliver on site. Final content will be customized based on the specific sonar equipment you’re using, where you’ll be operating and the types of surveys you’ll be conducting, and the output you want to generate.
Please contact us so we can discuss your needs, when we might conduct the training, and costs.